Don't ever hesitate. Reblog this. TUMBLR RULE. When you see it, REBLOG IT.
- The original post only has US helplines. I've added UK helplines underneath. It would be great if people could add numbers from everywhere in the world.
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- Child Abuse: 1-800-422-4453
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem): 08457909090 e-mail email@example.com
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice): 0300 466 6463 email@example.com
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat youthline (for under 25's with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 08444779400 e-mail: email@example.com
- Frank (information and advice on drugs): 0800776600
- Drinkline: 0800 9178282
- Rape Crisis England & Wales: 0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
- Some Italian numbers, I'm sorry they're not all.
- Telefono Amico (for support in case of depression, solitude, all kind of emotional needs): 199 284 284 (every day, 10am - 24pm)
- Telefono Azzurro (for kids and teenagers): 1 96 96 (24h a day, 365 days a year); 114 (for immediate danger, 24h every day)
- Antiviolenza Donne (for women victims of any sort of violence): 1522 (24h every day)
- Alcolisti Anonimi (Alcoholics anonymous): 06 66.36.620
(boost the signal)
Charles Ramsey is a hero. He doesn’t wear a suit of high-tech armor. He doesn’t wear a cape. He’s just an ordinary guy,living an ordinary life.
Then, he saw a woman asking for help.
And he helped her.
He didn’t walk away.
He didn’t think of himself.
He just helped her.
It took less than a day for someone to make this heroic man into a joke.
As proud as Charles Ramsey makes me to be a human, those people make me ashamed.
No, he doesn’t speak perfectly.
No, he didn’t take the time to fix his hair before he went on camera.
He’s an African American man from an economically depressed neighborhood, city, and state.
And for that, he’s mocked and ridiculed.
It breaks my heart.
Now, in yet another heroic moment Mr. Ramsey’s response to Anderson Cooper’s inquiry about a possible reward Charles has proven he’s truly worthy of the hero mantle.
No, no, no. Bro, I’m a Christian, an American, and just like you. We bleed same blood, put our pants on the same way. It’s just that you got to put that – being a coward, and I don’t want to get in nobody’s business. You got to put that away for a minute…I tell you what you do, give [the reward] to them. Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway. Just went picked it up, paycheck. What that address say? […] 2203 Seymour. Where are them girls living? Right next door to this paycheck. So yes, take that reward and give it to—that little girl[.]
Thank you Charles Ramsey.
The full interview w/ Anderson Cooper can be found here.
This is what it is to be human. True. Unconditional. Human.
God bless this man.
TJR - Same Old Fool (Son!k Remix) (by OfficialRisingMusic)
Good gracious… I’m in love!
All. Black. Errrrthang.